Music

Sunday, September 6, 2015

they lied, time heals nothing

two months.
 8 weeks.
60 days.
1,440 hours.
86,400 minutes.
5,184,000 seconds.

two months might not seem that long to you,
but it feels like an eternity to me.

it's been two months.
since i've hugged you,
since we've talked, 
since i've seen your face,
since i've even heard your name.



i think everyone has forgotten about you.


BUT I HAVEN'T


i think about you every day.
you still owe me that diet coke.
every book I see makes me think of you.
i have a hole in my heart that nothing else can fill.

i leave my phone on at night just in case you call like you used to. 
i get so excited when it rings praying this time it might be you,
but each time it rings i lose a little more hope.

you're still my sister,
so i'll be here waiting,

to see you again,
to hug you,
to hear your voice,


when your ready to come back.

2 comments: