Music

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

rain rehab

i can hear it on the roof,
my heart skips a beat when it gets louder and faster,
i run for a blanket, i have to see this.
the thunder cracks as i walk out the door.
i lift my head and take in a sight more beautiful than the third wonder of the world.
it's the only thing that gets me excited anymore.
a burst of lightening makes me smile. 
rain is like little drops of morphine, to numb the pain in my life
the cool splash of a single rain drop is enough to heal my charred heart.
the excess raindrops begin to repair the scars that are left.
my tears disappear into the soothing beads that land on my face,
it seems like the answers to all my problems are hidden in the falling droplets.
the smell of thunder covers my broken mind like a band aid.
the dark clouds hide the blinding light of reality,
and for a moment i am there, but i'm not.
for a moment i'm escaped, for a moment i'm content.



2 comments:

  1. I love the rain. This described the feeling perfectly.
    "rain is like little drops of morphine"
    "The smell of thunder covers my broken mind like a bandaid."
    So good. I've thought of thunder having a smell.

    ReplyDelete