Music

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

i need a blood transfusion.

 my blood has an anger concentration of .04,
 it's genetic condition that fuels a never ending argument between my heart and my brain.
my heart tells me that hurt is okay.
my heart tells me that bodies heal so well sometimes, you can't even tell there was a mark. 
my heart tells me that scars should be flaunted, to show how strong you are.
but my brain and heart have never agreed.
my brain has scientific evidence that disproves everything that my heart is telling me is right.
my brain tells me that rule number one for survival, is to avoid pain at all costs.
my brain tells me that just because bodies can heal, doesn't mean they always do.
my brain tells me that scars need to be hidden to retain a "good image".

in the fifth grade they taught us how to calculate probability, but my heart taught me to believe in chance.
  in seventh grade, teachers stole the megaphone from my heart and gave it to my brain.
my brain helped me survive (with minimal scrapes) until now.
   there are 197 days until graduation and i need to hear my heart more than ever.
 but my brain keeps turning up the volume.
 i play bloody knuckles every morning in an attempt to win it back.


but my blood has an anger concentration of .04,
 it's genetic condition that fuels a never ending argument between my heart and my brain.

6 comments:

  1. "in the fifth grade they taught us how to calculate probability, but my heart taught me to believe in chance." Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge fan of circular endings, and yours was perfect.

    Also "... I need to hear my heart more than ever, but my brain keeps turning up the volume".

    I think about this all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you compared anger to a blood alcohol level.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mm i liked this.
    And the part about the bloody knuckles

    ReplyDelete
  5. "and i need to hear my heart more than ever"

    beautiful and important as always

    ReplyDelete
  6. my brain tells me that just because bodies can heal, doesn't mean they always do.

    SO INCREDIBLY GOOD

    ReplyDelete