Music

Monday, October 5, 2015

sorry folks, the show is cancelled

my joints grind as they are yanked up and down. 

my frail body thuds against the stage

 right arm up,

left leg down,

spin.

all eyes are glued to the stage,

 and all lips are glued in a smile

watching and laughing at our pitiful existence.

 it's been too long.

the strings have grown into my skin.

i try to keep them from moving me,

but i've lost all control.


this is all my fault. 

how could i let it get this far? 

i just wanted to be noticed

 i just wanted to be wanted.

i cared when i shouldn't have.

so much for being seen, 

i turn my head and look at the other preformers
  
how did we all get like this?

when did we go from living life, to preforming in this puppet show?

i don't want to be a puppet anymore,

but i've forgotten how to move without my strings.



4 comments:

  1. "i just wanted to be wanted"

    Exactly how i'm feeling right now

    ReplyDelete
  2. this hit me. hard. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is beautiful. so good I'm speechless

    ReplyDelete