Music

Thursday, October 22, 2015

lies

my fears lie in the darkest parts of the ocean,
my fears lie within the pages of a four hour test booklet,
my fears lie within the dirt and stench of the man standing on the street corner with a cardboard sign,
my fears lie within the first color of the rainbow,
my fears lie in a hive full of honey.
they lie in the suspicious man following me down the street,
they lie in the sound of fireworks,
my fears lie in the high expectations you set 
my fears lie in the disease possibilities woven in my dna,
they lie in the wrinkles of my pale pink brain.
my fears lie in gpa tab of skyward
my fears lie in an empty picture frame.
 my fears lie in a cap and gown.
my fears lie. 
and i don't like liars.

7 comments:

  1. my fears lie in an empty picture frame.

    love this line.

    also the one at the end punched me in the stomach so props for that

    ReplyDelete
  2. "My fears lie. and i don't like liars."
    I didn't expect this line and honestly it's perfect.
    Fantastic writing

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoa, yeah

    two meanings of the word lie

    the line about skyward

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^^ nelson's comment = my thoughts exactly.

    you're honest and you're lovely.

    i like you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rt Nelson's comment

    Plus the line about the suspicious man following you down the street.

    ReplyDelete